The Friends of the Attleboro Animal Shelter values its volunteers tremendously. Without you, the Animal Shelter simply could not exist. We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities so do something you are comfortable with or try something new. No effort is too small, and all efforts are appreciated by the animals! Flexible times are available and training is provided.
Click here for our Volunteer Application, then fax your completed application to 508-276-0444 or drop it off at the Shelter. We look forward to meeting you!
There are always things that need doing at the shelter, including:
- Dog walking / pet exercising: What a great way to help a needy pet and get some exercise yourself! There are great areas to walk in the area surrounding the shelter.
- Training/socializing: Come spend some time petting a cat or playing ball with a dog. It'll make you feel good and a lonely pet feel great! Training and socializing our pets make them more adoptable!
- General cleaning: cages and floors; doing laundry (washing, folding and organizing) in the mornings and afternoons/evenings during weekdays and weekends.
- Fostering a pet in your home. Fostering can be one of the most rewarding ways to volunteer, and it's easy! Click here for more information.
- Making follow-up phone calls: Make calls from your own home or from the shelter to contact previous adopters regarding their adopted pets. Easy calls!
- Maintenance: Light construction, small repairs, painting, etc.
- Yard work: Weeding, raking, and the usual yard work to make the shelter look good.
Other opportunities include fundraising, special event planning and organization, volunteer training and recruitment, driving Shelter animals to veterinary appointments, and special projects.
Volunteer meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 pm Attleboro Moose Lodge - 241 Thacher St.
Thank you for considering donating your valuable time by volunteering at the Attleboro Animal Shelter. We and our shelter animals look forward to working with you!